Thursday, October 18, 2012

DIY Captoe Shoes


I have been very into this whole "Cap-Toe" look lately. So I went to the mall to check them out in person and try a few styles on only coming to find out they ran a little too expensive for being a "trend."  And That my friends is my problem with super trendy things: It's a trend. Simple as that.  So while it may be all the rage right now, it might not be next month.  So I don't feel like wasting over $80 on something I will be over in the next few months.




via google

Chanel Cap Toe Heels via google

So I opted out for a better, more affordable way to win this trend battle and make them myself!  You can reuse an old pair of flats or heels, or you can purchase an inexpensive pair.

 http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UjG6PQGIn2k/Twuj1UofrnI/AAAAAAAAB3M/k4OKmtagboU/s1600/Screen+shot+2012-01-09+at+9.33.41+PM.png

Here's how to create your own
You will need:

- A Pair of flats or heels.
-Modge Podge/ or Spray Paint (Depending on if you want glitter or paint)
-Glitter
-Clear Coat Spray Paint
-Tape


 Step 1: Tape off shoes

 Step 2: Mix Glitter and Mod Podge in a cup or container



 Step 3: Stir mod podge and glitter and paint across shoe.  ( Note: I had to use many layers to get full coverage)


 Step 4: Peel tape off after it is completely dry, pull at an angle to make sure it creates a straight line  { please excuse my chipped nail polish.. I am in need of a manicure }


 Step 5: Show off your new captoe shoes




What do you think? Will you try to make your own Cap Toe Shoes? What are your favorite trends right now?

-Lisa





5 comments:

  1. Love how they turned out! I tried this out with a pair of heels - was such a fun project :)

    katiesbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! Can't believe you did them too...actually I can- that's the blog world for you! :) Yours are so cute. Can't wait to wear mine out more. Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! Especially the glitter :)
    Elizabeth @ http://loveydoveydarling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea. There's such a great satisfaction that comes with doing something yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<