Hey everyone! I hope you are all set for Christmas! If you need a last minute recipe, Sara from Life as a Hughes is kind enough to share one of her recipes for all my readers. She is such a sweetheart! And let me tell you, this oreo cheesecake is to die for!
You don't wanna miss out! Take it away Sara!
Oreo Cheesecake - pie or cupcakes
What you will need:
1 9-inch pie pan or cupcake pan (if making cupcakes you will need papers as well)
1 package OREO Cookies
2 packages (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
When baking it is best to use everything at room temperature or as close as possible. I usually pull the cold items out of the fridge in the morning and start baking an hour later once they have had time to "warm" up on the counter.
Directions: (for the pie, cupcake difference will be noted at the bottom)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Chop your entire package of Oreos up. Half will be for the crust and half will be for the filling. For the crust you will want to put them in a food processor or chopper to make them into crumbs. I made my entire package into crumbs because it adds more color to the end result.
3. Take the half that you just made into crumbs and line your pie pan. You will need to press them down firmly using the bottom of a glass or something similar. The cream from the centers will hold it together enough once you have done this.
4. In large bowl beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Add sour cream and vanilla. Once these are all mixed well together add the eggs, 1 at a time.
5. Stir in the remaining half of your Oreo cookies. Make sure to get all the way to the bottom of your bowl so you don't end up with white patches :)
6. Pour into Oreo crust.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until center is almost set.
8. Place in refrigerator for 3 hours and then enjoy! :)
To make these into cupcakes you would only crumb/chop half the bag of Oreos for the center. With the whole oreos you will place those in the cupcake liners as the "crust". You will follow the rest of the recipe and cook for the same amount of time.
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe Sara! This is a must this Christmas! Now I just have to convince my mom that we need to make this, shouldn't be hard to do!
Have a very Merry Christmas everyone! xox