Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend Recap: Still Happenin'

Hey guys! I wanted to get a post out there! But I will add to it this evening as it is still in progress.
I am in the process of moving today, so check back later to see what I did this weekend!.

Hosting with the lovely Bella from Dateless in Dallas!

Friday: Valentine's Day!  My boss gave each of the girls in the office a rose with chocolates! How sweet is that!  If you follow me via instagram you would have noticed that MY amazing fiance surprised me at work with a bouquet of gorgeous coral/orangey-red roses and a large card!  He really is a sweetheart and made me feel super special.

That night, my girlfriend and I made dinner for our boys.  This was our second year spending Valentines together couple-style!  We made Rib-eye steaks, Lobster, Shrimp, Garlic Pasta, Asparagus with Hollandaise, Twice Baked Potatoes, Salad and Garlic Cheese bread.   Our eyes were definitely larger than our stomachs when we planned this!  We lit some candles and dimmed the lights.  It was very sweet.   
The boys sat out by the bonfire, and we only lasted a short while before us girls got tired.  We are so lame.  We ended up falling asleep on the couch watching TV.  The guys proceeded to stay up past 3am. haha! At least they had each other!

Saturday: I spent the majority of the day cleaning and getting ready for our move.  I had a dress appointment at 2pm to get my wedding dress bustles put in and make sure it fits perfectly!  
Later that night my girlfriend, her hubby, and my man went out for a nice dinner.  Originally we planned for sushi (read about my fiances experience here) but it was so packed and no reservations were to be made, so we opted for another choice - Gyu Kaku. It's one of those Korean BBQ restaurants and you get to cook yourself right at your table! It's always fun to go and I enjoy eating of course!!  

Sunday: I spent the day packing and moving items to storage and got ready for the movers that were coming Monday.  I was so exhausted and needed a day to get everything done.
Not very exciting as you can tell!

Monday: The movers arrived early, and started arranging items in the truck.  I felt so much better and less stressed without the couches and tables inside, it helped me realize it won't be as hectic as our last move.  We moved everything to our storage unit, and ended up needing a larger one after it was all moved in.  Luckily the larger one was right across from it. Talk about perfect. So the movers moved everything right across from our unit into the larger one.  Crazy how our entire condo fit in there!

Also.. you don't realize how much you really have until you move.  Holy cow.
And I realize my fiance has more shoes than I do.. Check this out:

Seriously????!  Is having that many shoes necessary? 
I think it's time for him to admit he has a major shoe addiction.

Welllllppp, hope you enjoyed my weekend! I wanna hear about yours!




http://www.datelessndallas.com/




3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move, can't wait to see pics of the new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice Vday night! So funny to men with show addictions. I guess the good thing is he can never bug you and your shopping habits. ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<