Monday, July 21, 2014

Honeymooning with The Green Fashionista

 Hey everyone! I am still on my amazing honeymoon cruise with my NOW hubby!  It feels so neat to say that! So while I am away, Kate from the Green Fashionista was kind enough to discuss her honeymoon with all of you!  They looked like they had THE best time on their honeymoon!  Also if you are stopping by for the weekend recap, I am not participating while away (that would be a little difficult wouldn't it?) BUT you can stop by Bella from Dateless in Dallas to add your weekend recap link!   (Don't forget to grab the button below)
Showered With Design

Now take it away Kate!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there! I'm Kate and you can find me blogging over on my little corner of the internet Green Fashionista where I blog about everything from fashion and beauty finds, recipes, my weekend shenanigans, and travel. Hop on over and say hi! I'm excited to fill in for the lovely Lisa today as she's waist deep in all the excitement of her fabulous wedding and honeymoon!



After 16 months of wedding planning, we were not just looking forward to the wedding day itself, but the honeymoon. With all the stress and excitement leading up to the big day, getting away from it all as newlyweds and relaxing in paradise was much needed.







We knew we wanted to go somewhere neither of us had ever been and somewhere that would be more secluded for romance and relaxation. While flipping through a bridal magazine, I found a real couple's recap of their honeymoon at Qamea Resort & Spa in Fiji. I immediately looked up the resort and fell in love with the honeymoon bures (villas) on the beach, the rock form pool, and the fact that it only accommodates 36 people at a time. SOLD!



The flight to Fiji was 10 hours from LA and included in our package, but living on the east coast meant we had to get out to LA. So, we decided to get creative and flew into Vegas for a few days after the wedding, then rented a car and drove to LA to fly out to Fiji. We had the best of both worlds... celebrating in Vegas and relaxing in Fiji.





We stayed at the Mirage, where we were upgraded to a suite just for being FB fans and were greeted with a bottle of champagne on ice when we got to the room. We spent the day at their pool club "Bare" where we splurged on a day bed (the VIP table of the daytime pool lounge) which included free food and drinks. We had VIP for their nightclub that night (which was stil JET at the time) but we drank way too much in the sun that we never made it past dinner and crashed. Womp womp.

On our way to LA we stopped at the Hoover Dam, and then drove through the desert to get to LAX. It was absolutely surreal to know that our next stop was Fiji!

*Giant double decker plane to Nadi, Fiji*


*Itty bitty plane from Nadi to Taveuni*





*Gorgeous views from the plane over the Fijian islands*







*Pulling up to Qamea Island by boat*


*Our Honeymoon Bure*


*View from our bure*




The private courtyard of our bure included an outdoor spa and rock shower. Amazing!








All of our meals and activities were included in our package, and we took advantage of a few excursions including hiking to some waterfalls, snorkeling, and an afternoon at Honeymoon Beach where they drop you off by boat on another side of the island with a picnic lunch and pick you up later.





The rest of the week was spent by the beach and the pool, kayaking, dinners on the beach, and receiving our complimentary couples massage. One of the things that stood out to me the most were how beautiful the stars were at night. It was almost unreal how clear it was and how bright the stars were.... gorgeous!

*Snorkeling the South Pacific*




*Beautiful Sunsets*


*Serenaded at dinner on the beach*






*Cheers to our beautiful marriage*


*Send off with flowers and the staff even gathered and sang to us as the boat pulled away*


Such an amazing experience that still feels surreal *4 years later*. I got sticker shock when I went back to the resort's website to link it to this post. The price has gone up significantly and no longer includes meals and activities.. yipes! Maybe our little diamond in the rough is no longer a well kept secret. I'm sure they offer some good deals throughout the year you could always jump on. Happy travels!


You can keep up with all of my travels on my travel tab which has recently been updated to include the recaps from my trip to Spain, France, and Portugal last month.








1 comment:

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<