Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekend Recap : Playing Catch up!

I'm still in the process of playing catch up after traveling to Nebraska to visit my husbands family last weekend.  We had THE BEST time and I absolutely love traveling out there.

We headed to the airport right after I got off work on Wednesday and flew into Denver International Airport.  We had to stop by  to rent a car to drive about 3.5 hours into Nebraska to my husbands Uncles ranch.  We got in about 3:30 am and went straight to bed!

My husband woke up bright and early to start ranching.  I slept in till about 8 am and went to his Uncles for some coffee and breakfast.




We hung out and then a bunch of us got on horses to move cattle into a different pasture.

It was so much fun, and there were about 35 horses out moving cattle. Being from California, I had never done anything like this before so I didn't really know what I was doing or what to expect.  But I had fun nonetheless.


After moving cattle to where we needed to, we rode the horses around for a while before having "supper," which is their lunch.  EVERY-TIME we go out there, they always cook the most amazing food.  And let me tell ya, there steaks are TO DIE FOR.  It just tastes better.

After "supper" was his cousins graduation party which was held in the "vet shack" on the ranch.  Over 100 people showed up and man did we party.  Wrestling matches were going on and balloon contests.  As well as fireball shots being passed around. 


It started pouring really hard around 10 pm, and we thought we were going to be stuck in the vet shack till morning, but luckily it stopped by 1 and we went to bed around 2 am!



The next morning was the branding. ((Warning, graphics below may upset you))
It was a rough start to the morning because of the night before's activities and drinking shenanigans.  We got up and out the door to go to the branding around 9, and my husband decided to help while I watched.




After half of the branding, we had coffee and a quick breakfast before continuing with the rest of the cattle.  I even got to help my husband move the last set of calves from the barn!  They were so cute!

The rest of the day was spent lounging around, jumping on the trampoline with the neices and nephews and grubbing on the best food!  They seriously make the best homemade food. 
Steak, cheesy hashbrown mashed potatoes, salad, asparagus, home-style potato wedge cuts, and all the desserts and treats you can think of!

The next day we drove by to see the day old baby horses! They were so cute!



We grabbed lunch with his grandparents on our way to the airport, and because his Uncle lives near the airport we grabbed dinner with them before heading on our flight!
We cannot wait to go back!




--Also if you are interested in participating in a loop giveaway with 30+ bloggers/etsy shops, leave your email in the comments and I'll email you! IT will run May 11-18!
 





4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is such an amazing experience to be part of. I would love to witness something like that someday. I would love details about the loop giveaway kristaketterhagen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, that would be such a neat experience! LOVE the baby horses, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandings are so much fun and such a good atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<