Saturday, September 15, 2012

DIY Chevron painting

Last week I was really eager to get my creative juices going.  I have been wanting to get back into painting again, but have been so busy with two jobs, and life just happens.  Anyways, I managed to MAKE time for myself so that I can paint. 

I am so in love with this saying right now -- "  There are Seven days in the week and someday isn't one of them."

That is so true. I took that to heart and MADE time to get what I wanted done.  & that was to Paint! I got the idea inspiration from the lovely Nancy Ramirez

Ok. Here are the supplies you will need :

- Artist Canvas/ Canvas Board   { I used the Winsor & Newton ones I found in my closet }
  any size will work.  They have 11 x 14,  10 x 10, 15 x 30 , and so many sizes, so Choose what size you like the best.

-Acrylic Paints.  I used the -Basics- brand because I already had like 100 colors from when I was using them in school.  You can use ANY colors you think you want in your home or office

-paintbrushes ( Large and small) 

-Water ( to dip brushes in )

-blue painters tape  ( this is the easiest to peel of your artist board

Optional items:

- paper towels, pencil, stencils

Ok, once you have all your supplies ready.. it's time to get started




1 )  Here I just started throwing colors on my canvas.. doesn't look too pretty yet.  Do not get discouraged!
Make sure your brushstrokes are going the same direction.

 Splash of color here.. Splash of color there
 And here is the result of colors.  Make Sure they are dry before applying tape.
Because I am using acrylics, the most time it will take is 20-30 minutes, and I put a fan 
by it to speed up the process.
2) I started applying the tape in a diagonal format, to create the CHEVRON pattern.

Make sure you press the tape on, so no paint goes underneath it.
3) THEN, I took my white acrylic paint and started painting on top of the color.

4) Let it dry completely, then peel the tape off and the result is:


Colorful isn't it? and so easy! EVEN if your not the artistic type.
This project is great for everyone!



After I made this one, I wanted to try a different pattern with the tape, and here is the end result :


Are you inspired to paint? Let me know if you have any similar DIY or ideas for your home.


xoxox Lisa









2 comments:

  1. Awww, I love this! I have seen the chevron painting my taping first. My sister tried it that way and it turned out okay. But I will have to try it this way and compare our results. I'm much craftier than her anyway.

    I will be your newest follower.

    Check out my blog @busybeeconfessions.blogspot.com!

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a fun project to make! =) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am now your follower as well!
      xoxo
      Lisa Nicole { Showered With Design }

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<