Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wedding Wednesday: Our Wedding Party

If you read my previous wedding post, then you would know a little information on how to go about choosing your wedding party.  As soon as we got engaged, I began thinking about what bridesmaids I would choose.  I knew I wasn't going to ask them right away, but I wanted to brainstorm and get an idea of what I was looking for.  I knew I wanted to ask them in a creative way too!

Here's a little background story.
I was in one of my best friends weddings as a bridesmaid, but I watched and listened as she complained that her maid of honor didn't exactly pull through and help out with tasks as she thought she would.  So I stepped up and helped with the duties that weren't getting done.  But she knew if she didn't ask her MOH to be her MOH, she would have another issue on her hands.

I knew I too would have a similar problem.  You see, my best best best friend of over 15 years moved to Oregon, and I knew she wouldn't be able to help with planning and crafting and getting everything prepared as she would have if she lived closer.  But I had to ask her as my MOH.  I knew she'd be my MOH since High School, and nothing was going to change that decision.  With that said, I knew my girlfriend whose wedding I was in the previous year would step up and help me just as I did with her wedding and planning process. (Which she did and I am so appreciative of her! Thanks J!)

So I had two Bridesmaids chosen without question. Easy.



Now I knew I wanted an even number of girls and I didn't just want two.  I had to really think about who was important to me and who was trustworthy enough to follow through.
I knew my third choice, and now it was on to find a fourth.  I had one in mind and luckily I never followed through because I don't think it would have worked out. I won't go into detail about that.  MY fourth option was actually in my other friends wedding.  Although I heard a lot of talk about how she would be difficult to work with, I felt like I could handle it.  I had two that were for sure going to help me and if the others didn't help, then whatever.  At least I knew ahead of time what I was in for.

I chose these beauties:


Aren't they all gorgeous?  It's like, not even fair.

My husband chose his best friend from over 15 years as his Best Man, talk about perfect.  We secretly wanted to set them up. (Even though she had a boyfriend.  Oops.)  
But seriously, wouldn't they be the cutest?

 They both could be models.  Anyways, probably not ever gonna happen. I love her current boyfriend so obviously I wish them the best. 


Next, my hubby chose his brother, followed by his cousin, followed by one of his really good friends, and then one of my best guy friends.

Don't they clean up nice?








 I feel like the decision is so much easier for guys.  They hardly have to do anything. I'm pretty sure my husband sent out a text to most of them.  So lame.

MY husbands best man lives in Vegas, his brother about 5 hours away, and his cousin lives in Nebraska so it was far enough away to where we don't see him as often as we would like, but when it came down to the wedding it was so much fun to have everyone together from all over to celebrate! -- and THAT we did!






How did you go about choosing your wedding party? Or are you having a difficult time deciding who to choose and who to leave out?



Showered With Design





13 comments:

  1. Choosing a wedding party can be really difficult--I feel like my problem was not wanting to hurt someone's feeling if they weren't part of it. I'm glad that I didn't have an insanely large wedding party because I would have included someone who I'm no longer friends with. Everything happens for a reason right?
    Your pictures are beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny that your husband sent out texts, my fiance did too. He didn't ask them all he said was "Need you to stand up at the altar with me and start planning the bachelor party"

    ReplyDelete
  3. picking a bridal part is difficult, i picked 4 and only had 3 the day of due to an unexpected death in her family, so we had an off center bridal party! My advice for people is more isn't merrier in bridesmaids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of the first ones in my group of friends to get married so it was really hard because a lot of people were expecting to be included. I had my best best friend since elementary school as my MOH no doubt, and that I didn't even have to think about. I included my other best friend from college and my two roommates. That didn't leave much room because my fiance only wanted 4 but I got it up to five. I had to choose between two of my high school friends from home and that was the hardest. I still feel bad and wonder if I made the right choice...and hope the one I didn't pick doesn't hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, I just love those bridesmaid dresses! My husband actually had the opposite problem where I had the easy time choosing my maids and he had the more difficult decision. I had the perfect 2 high school and 2 college friends combination and he had a mix of both as well as friends he became closer to after college. Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pictures, they are so pretty!! Picking who will be in your wedding is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wedding party is so good looking! I really had a hard time picking bridesmaids because I don't have very many "close" friends and my mom was pressuring me to have my sister as my MOH, so it was just a headache all around.
    Beardy Heart Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have a seriously gorgeous group of friends there! Beautiful! Looks like you picked a great group! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your photos! Great pics! I had the MOST difficult time deciding who to choose for my bridesmaids. My husband was set on six guys so that made it even more crazy for me. It all ended up working out in the end, but it was one of the most stressful parts of the whole thing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think my man is having such a hard time to pick his groomsmen! Its so funny to watch him talk about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful color for your bridesmaids to wear! You look amazing on your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those dresses were beautiful!!! And all the groomsmen were a bunch of hunks!!! haha.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<