Monday, November 18, 2013

My Favorite Holiday Treat

Untitled #10

My absolute favorite time of the year is Christmas and the Holiday Season.  Not only do I love receiving and giving presents but I love to bond with my family by baking.  One of the traditions in my family to bake are Butternut Snowballs.  They are super easy to make and delicious! They usually only last in our household for a day or two, because everyone ends up eating them!
This little snowball of a cookie is not overly sweet and it's a perfect addition to your holiday treats!


Ingredients ( passed down from my great grandmother)


1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups finely chopped pecans
 
Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy.  Sift flour with salt and add to creamed mixture blending well.
Add nuts and mix well.  Shape into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
 
Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.  Do not brown.
 
Let cool and then roll in powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<