No matter where you are from, I bet you can find 5 things to love about your state. Link up and tell us what you love about where you are from!
Top 5 Things I Love About California
The Weather - Okay so this is obviously a no-brainer. It rarely ever rains. The weather stays above 75 about 90% of the year. What's not to love? I love laying being able to layout in February soaking up some sun.
There is ALWAYS Something To Do - The beach is only 20 minutes away (@ least from where I'm from), Vegas is a short 3 hour drive, If I want snow, the mountains are about 45 minutes away, LA is 30 minutes, Hollywood is about 45-1hr (traffic blows of course). San Diego is an hour and a half drive. We've got plenty of zoo's. Disneyland is 20 minutes away, Universal studios is about 45 minutes. Need I say more? Literally anything you can imagine, we've got it all right here. Oh and San Francisco of course!
The Fashion - With LA being so close, you can find the best fashion anywhere. (Even without breaking the budget) The trends come out to Cali before most states so you have a chance to get a head start.
Disneyland - Ok so this was also mentioned in "there is always something to do," but because we live so close to Disneyland, we have annual passes. So whenever we have nothing to do, we go for a few hours and head home. We love going, and it never gets old. (at least to us)
You Can Wear Sandals Almost Year-round - This also goes with the whole weather thing, but seriously who wants to wear boots all-the-time? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love pulling my boots out of my closet for a month or so, but sandals are just so dang comfortable; easy on, easy off.
- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - -
Fun Facts About California You May Not Already Know:
1. California was originally known as the Bear State. As California boomed—and the bear population was wiped out—it became the Golden State.
2. California is the only state that's hosted both the Summer and Winter Olympics
3. California's most famous for its Gold Rush in 1849, but it also had a Silver Rush in the Calico Mountains from 1881 to 1896.
4. California has the best produce in the nation (fact).
5. There are 3 NFL Teams. (Raiders, 49ers, Charger)
6. We in California "claim our area codes." We act like it's our identity.
Like the 818, 714, 909. Trust me.. we seriously do.
Also, if you could do me a HUGE favor and spread the word to help my boss's son who has muscular dystrophy: Urge the FDA to Say YES to Accelerated Approval for safe, effective therapies for children with Duchenne, sign the petition: http://wh.gov/lEfaZ