Monday, March 31, 2014

Weekend Recap

Hey all! Doing another Weekend Recap with the amazing Bella from Dateless in Dallas
I have been so busy the past two weeks with my upcoming bridal shower (this coming weekend! -- P.S. I chose APRIL because of "April Showers,"  get it?) and my Uncle I was close to just passed away the beginning of last week.  So I've been in a bit of a funk lately along with running around like a chicken with my head cut off!


So Friday evening we had our menu tasting at the venue I will be getting married at.
Let me tell you, It WAS SOOOOO GOOD!  We started off trying two soups.  A tomato soup and a mushroom soup.  My fiance is not a soup eater, nor a fan of mushrooms, and he DEVOURED the soup.  Although we will not be serving soup at the wedding because it will be in the Summer, it was very tasty! It looked like a mini pot pie with the crusted top.
We tried 2 soups, 2 salads, 2 different types of chicken and two different filets, each served with mashed potatoes, risotto, and veggies.

This is the beautiful fountain where our cocktail hour will be  
(not IN the fountain, but next to it)


Examples of napkin folds, and table numbers


Beautiful gazebo on property
Momma/Daughter bathroom #selfie
Outfit



It was such a wonderful experience and I am so blessed to have shared it with my parents and my fiance. Wonderful evening!  When we got home my fiance had to head to work for another hour to get their stuff ready for the weekend.  I was working on some finalization of wedding planning when the first earthquake hit.  We got up from our chairs and stood in the doorway until it stopped.  My poor pups were freaked out.  We quickly turned on the news and watched where it was located.  Apparently there were several earthquakes in the surrounding areas right after. (and ANOTHER on Saturday! What the heck!)

Saturday was spent running errands and getting a few necessities for my bridal shower with my mom and little second cousin.  I started off my morning with a cup of coffee in my FAVORITE mug since I was little, "It's not PMS, I'm always Bitchy."
 


 We took my little cousin to lunch at Panera and I snuck a photo since he wouldn't smile. 



After we ran our errands, I was invited to go to a Hockey game to watch the Kings!
It was my first ever KINGS hockey game, I've always watched the Ducks.  Such a fun experience!

 
LA from the freeway

Sunday was spent working on wedding plans, cleaning, doing laundry, and being lazy with my pups.   This weekend was very nice after a rough week. You'll be seeing more Bridal shower posts coming up, because it's this coming weekend!!  Xo






2 comments:

  1. What a fun busy weekend! So sorry to hear about your uncle! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post, I like it! And I love your blog! Followed you here and on Bloglovin as well. I hope you'd check my blog too and follow-back. :)

    xx
    http://www.thesenestedthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<