Chances are, you may not know whether or not you are classified as a "No Comment Blogger." I know I had no idea until this sweet gem told me I was. (Thanks girl!)
Step 1 - Check to see if you are a "noreply" blogger
- Make a comment on your own blog
- Check your email to see if you received the comment
- Check to see who the email is from. Is it your email address? or "email@example.com
- If it is from firstname.lastname@example.org, than you are classified as a No-Reply Blogger and will need to make some changes. (::Insert sad emoji here::)
Notice how next to my email shows the email address?
If I were a no-comment blogger, It would look like so:Step 2 - Go to your Blogger dashboard
- Click on the gear in the upper right hand corner
- If you are using Google+, choose "Revert to Blogger Profile" (this is only temporary)
Step 3 - Back to the Blogger dashboard
- Click on your name in the upper right hand corner of your blog Overview page
- In the drop down box click on "Blogger Profile"
Step 4 - Edit your profile
- Click on the "Edit Profile" button in the upper right hand corner
Step 5 - Change Email Settings
- Check the box "Show my Email Address"
- Click on "Save Profile" at the bottom of the page
Now, when you receive comments via email and you reply, they will be able to see your replies! It really does make the world a better place. Now it's your turn to link up your blogger tips and tricks and help share your skills with the blogging community!