Monday, July 7, 2014

Guest Post: Q+A

I know it's been a while since I have done a Wedding Q+A on the blog, and I thought it would be the perfect time to showcase a few since I will be out of town most of July for our wedding, so I have a few guest bloggers to help me out while I am absent!  To view past Wedding Q+A's click here.
Today I have Sarah from Sarahphrasing Life stopping by to discuss her wedding and hopefully help out all you future brides out there!

Take it away Sarah!
---------------------------------------------------------------------


When did you get married
August 3, 2013

How did you meet?  or What was your Engagement Story? 
My hubby and I met on a blind date, but we weren't actually on the blind date together.  My friend and her husband invited me over for a BBQ and to meet her husband's work buddy, and unbeknownst to me they also invited her husband's best friend. I arrived at their door, was immediately introduced to my hubby-to-be (HTB) and as he shook my hand I felt something I had never felt before.  It sounds cheesy but it was almost electric, and I knew instantly that we had something.  I thought my friend had scored!  And then in walked the work buddy... and I was so confused.  My friend explained that my HTB had been randomly invited and I'm pretty sure it was fate because we spent the whole night in our own little world.  And now we are all good friends - the other guy was actually in our wedding party!

  

How many bridesmaids did you have? How did you go about choosing them?
 In total I had four bridesmaids and it wasn't that hard to choose them.  I always knew my sister B would be my MOH and that my other sister would also be a bridesmaid, and my oldest friend and BFF was included for sure.  My fourth bridesmaid K is actually my husband's stepsister and now one of my best friends.  His family told me that she would be the true test and thankfully we clicked from day one.  And I obviously picked well because I couldn't have asked for more from any of them; they let me focus on my wedding and took care of everything.

What was your color scheme, and what made you choose it?
Dark purple and apple green... I have been obsessed with the color purple since anyone can remember so that was an obvious choice.  I wanted the other color to be something other than silver and my hubby loves bright green, plus our reception was in an orchard surrounded by apple trees and grapevines there was a lot of green "built-in"!
What was your favorite thing about your wedding day?
The look of pure joy on my husband's face for the entire event.  It was amazing to see that he was as happy and excited as I was throughout the entire day.  I should explain that he is incredibly shy and private, doesn't like crowds and joked (I think not so jokingly) that he would happily elope in Vegas... but we always talked about getting married at his family's lake house and we got our wish.  

The setup was pretty amazing; we had our wedding ceremony on the beach at the lake house and then the reception was at the family's orchard property surrounded by apple trees and grapevines.  We got to celebrate with all our family and friends at our favorite summer vacation spot and we get to go back every year.



What was the most stressful thing about your wedding day?
As ours was technically a destination wedding, we planned it on the August holiday weekend, traditionally one of the hottest of the summer.  We were slightly worried (ok my hubby was really worried and I was a bride in wedding land and didn't care) that it would be too hot.  Imagine our surprise when we started hearing about thunder, lightening and rain the week before... We scrambled to try and find more tents just in case (there were none available anywhere), my mother-in-law tried to find a venue large enough to hold 100 people in the tiny summer village (not even the church was big enough) and then it came to a point where we just had to move forward as planned and hope for the best.

On our special day, the sun came out and it was the perfect temperature, and you know how they say a bit of rain on your wedding day is good luck? Well around 9:30pm when the actual party was getting started on the dance floor, we had a 5 minute torrential downpour that brought everyone in under the tents and into the fun.  We had an amazing day spiked with a great dose of good luck!

If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently?
I would not wear a veil.  I don't really like any of the photos I have wearing my veil, which is unfortunate because I wore it for my ceremony.  I loved the curls in my hair and wish I had shown them off a bit more.



What's your best piece of advice for future brides out there?
The best piece of advice that I got is the same thing I have found myself saying to other brides: enjoy the day because it goes by so fast.  As soon as you wake up on your wedding day, let everything go and be in the moment as much as you can (it's hard but try). 

Oh and if cops show up to your outdoor reception because of a noise complaint, get a photo in handcuffs.  I didn't and totally regret it!

Follow me:
Twitter: @SarahphrasingL
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/sarahphrasingli/
Instagram: Instagram.com/
sarahphrasinglife
-----------------------------------------------
Thanks so much Sarah! Your wedding looked amazing!
You are the first bride I've heard say "not to wear a veil." 

Make sure to check tomorrows post because I am hosting another giveaway!

If you want to "spy" on me during my wedding festivities you can follow me on my instagram. (Also, if you search our wedding hashtags (#florowedding2014, #floroeverafter, #floro2014), I'm sure others will post some too!)

Join our Wedding Bloggers Connect (WBC)!
Showered With Design - Wedding Bloggers
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment my blog & will do my best to respond to each and every one of you! :) xoxo Lisa Nicole ♥
Please follow my social media accounts
>> facebook// twitter //etsy <<